From: Nick Clifton [mailto:nickc@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 8:25 PM
To: Shrirang Khishti
Cc: binutils@sourceware.org; Shrinivas Atre; Anil Paranjape; Shilin
Shakti
Subject: Re: Binutils Port - Infineon xc16x family.

Hi Shrirang,

>     KPIT Cummins is contributing the complete binutils port for
> Infineon XC16X architecture. We would like to request you to send
> in your comments on this port.

I have accepted and applied your patch.  I do have some comments about
it though:

   * Please submit the ChangeLog entries for individual ChangeLog files,

rather than just one gigantic ChangeLog entry.

   * The patch to the top level config.sub file will have to be
submitted  separately to the config project.

   * You missed a patch to the ld/Makefile.am file.  As well I added
entries to the ld/NEWS and gas/NEWS files mentioning the fact that the
new target has been added.

   * Will you be acting as maintainers for this target ?  If so, please
add yourselves to the binutils/MAINTAINERS file.

   * The patch removed the current shared use of the
libiberty/at-file.texi file in the various binutils .texi files.  I hope

that this was a simple mistake on your part.  I have ignored it when
applying the patch.

   * You asked that the port be configured with --disable-Werror.  This
I did not do.  Instead I configured it as normal and fixed all of the
warning messages that were being turned into errors.  Really you could
have done this yourselves.

   * I was very pleased to see that you have contributed some xc16c
specific GAS and LD tests.  I have applied these as well.  There is one
problem though: 20 unexpected failures in the new GAS tests and 1 in the

new LD tests.  I hope that you will fix these soon.

Cheers
   Nick