binutils & autoconf update

Over on the GCC mailing list I asked about updating the libtool that GCC
uses and was told that it was blocked, waiting for an update to autoconf
2.59.  All the gcc subdirectories already use a 2.59 autoconf but there
are binutils subdirectories that still use autoconf 2.13 and since some
people use a combined source tree with GCC and binutils we need binutils
to be updated too.

I was wondering if anyone is actively working on updating any of the
binutils subdirectories that use autoconf 2.13 to use autoconf 2.59.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com