Re: svn read of the binutils development repository?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 08:06:41AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> If CVS is abandoned, why would SVN be choosen? For personal use, I'm
> using GIT these days and it's a nice experience.

Because (A) GCC uses it, and (B) it uses a familiar development
workflow to CVS.

This argument has been had in enough places, at enough times, I think.
Also, once switched to a changeset based system, moving to another
changeset based system is much less difficult.  There's still some
doubt whether src should change at all, but I really don't feel we
need to debate what it would change to.

Doing live imports from SVN to GIT is probably not hard for folks
who would prefer to use GIT; in fact I see that svnimport already does
support it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery