Re: DT_GNU_HASH latest patches

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 03:35:01PM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> Great, great.  Though, one of these bits caused, for
> --target=cris-axis-elf:
> FAIL: ld-cris/libdso-2

Oops, sorry.

> Looks like you forgot to adjust ld/testsuite/ld-cris/libdso-2.d.
> Is it to be expected that one of your changes (presumably in
> compute_bucket_count) caused some hash-related section in a DSO
> to shrink by eight bytes, despite no change in section types (no
> .gnu.hash)?  I see you made some similar adjustments for the
> powerpc TLS tests, but thought I'd better check as this
> secondary effect on non-.gnu.hash objects wasn't clearly enough
> announced as intended.

The DT_GNU_HASH patch essentially contained the
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2006-06/msg00355.html
patch (which Alan Modra approved separately, but as I changed that
function for DT_GNU_HASH a lot since then, I didn't commit it
independently) and that in some cases decreases the size of the .hash
section, so what you see is expected.

> If it was intended, and not a sign of a bug, a proper testsuite
> adjustment could have looked like this: ;)
> (will check in when clarified)
>
> 	* ld-cris/libdso-2.d: Adjust for recent hash-related changes.

Thanks.

	Jakub