Re: binutils-2.17: --cref broken? Extra warnings and corrupted data

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 11:41:23PM -0700, Paul Nash wrote:
> I determined with gdb that at the time add_cref is called,
> h->root.string is a valid string pointer.  What's causing the problem
> is that later when the cref table is output, the underlying memory
> behind that pointer has been corrupted. In one case I looked at, a
> later bfd_zalloc call memset's all the memory around that string to 0.

Try reverting HJ's 2006-04-25 patch.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2006-04/msg00095.html

Please let us know if this fixes the problem for you.  There are likely
to be other serious problems besides the --cref one.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre