force symbol to local

Dear All,

How can I force a symbol to be local when using "ld -r", a typically
use is that I have a lists of global symbol provided to the ld and
want all else are local, how can I do this in ld?

The reason we use this is that we are creating a bootstrap runtime
linker that can link binaries generated from ld. and in some stage, we
have to hide some symbol to make the runtime linker boot strap.

Thanks very much in advance!
Noah