Re: Porting binutils to mips r5900 (ie Playstation2 EE cpu)

On 9/28/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
there's a fellow who has been working on the port for Gentoo ...

Thanks, I was not aware of this work. It looks like a retroffited 2.14 patch I already have.

this patch works for 2.16.1, but it certainly is not The Right Way to do things :)

Well from what I have read It seems it's based on the r3000, but I read on this mailing list it should not be done that way since you may not remove instructions... Could you please tell me more about the right way to do things ? or give me any pointer ?

I really would like to do it properly.

 http://sources.gentoo.org/gentoo/src/patchsets/binutils/2.16.1/97_all_binutils-2.16.1-playstation2.patch
maybe it'll help, maybe not

It will help thanks.