Re: How to tell objcopy to create ELF program header

On 10/5/06, David Hovemeyer <david.hovemeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
I have played around with using --set-section-flags to set flags for
each section, and while this shuts up the warnings

Actually, --set-section-flags was shutting up the warnings because I had forgotten to specify the "alloc" flag for each section. Changing the command to use that flag, objcopy still warns me about having allocated sections that are not in any ELF segment.

I'm beginning to think that there is no way to convert a statically-linked
PECOFF executable to ELF format with recent versions of binutils
under cygwin.

-Dave