Re: [SH] Line numbers and delayed branches

Andrew STUBBS <andrew.stubbs@st.com> wrote:
> Thanks, committed.

Thanks!

> Although the above patch fixes most cases of this problem, Joern has
> noted another similar example:
>
> --------------------------------
>          .file 1 "test.c"
>          .text
>          .loc 1 2
>          nop
>          .loc 1 1000
>          bt 0f
>          nop
>
>          .align 9, 0
> 0:
> --------------------------------
>
> In this case the bt branches too far and so is converted to two
> branches. The line numbers are still wrong with the new patch.
[snip]
> I don't know how to fix this one. However, I'm not that worried about it
> either because there is a warning and, in any case, I don't think the
> compiler generates code like this (does it?)

Perhaps it might be better to file it to our bugzilla for
the record if it isn't filed yet, though I agree with you
that the remaining issue isn't that problem.  Conversion
into longer insns would be a last resort and no one will
expect too much from it.

Regards,
	kaz