Drawing rectangle problem in gnu assembly

Hi there! I'm trying to learn gnu assembly from home. And I've a question. I want to draw a filled rectangle on my monitor using gnu assembly language. Can anyone tell me what do i have to do(the theory) for that or anyone be kind enough to produce a source code? I would appreciate any help regarding this matter. Thank you.

--Steve

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more?then map the best route! Check out Live Local today! http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/