Re: Windres problem with Boling book example

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 09:24 +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Dave,

> >> It doesn't, as you would expect by reading the code. It just accepts all
> >> upper case.
> >
> >   I think it could reasonably be inferred that Nick meant to ask after
> > windows' rc.exe and windres was a slip of the finger, no?
>
> It was.  Doh!
>
> So - Danny - how does rc.exe behave ?

This required kicking my kids off the Windows PC :-)

I've built the chap06/dlgdemo application with evc 4, and it did that
flawlessly. Then I tweaked some of the "discardable" keywords so they
contain mixed case as you asked. The resulting rc file contains lines
such as shown here :

dannypc: {41} fgrep -i disc *.rc
ID_MENU MENU DISCARDABLE
ID_BTNPAGE DIALOG disCARdable 0, 0, 125,  90
ID_EDITPAGE DIALOG DisCarDable 0, 0,  80,  80
ID_LISTPAGE DIALOG discardable 0, 0,  125,  80
ID_STATPAGE DIALOG discardable 0, 0, 130,  80
<cut>

evc4 still managed to build the code.

I was inclined to reply before doing this, because the Boling book is
published by Microsoft Press. All of the examples in there are certain
to compile. But now we have more info: it supports mixed case keywords.

	Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info