about --no-undefined option

Hello guys at linker mail list,

I think there is a high risk if --no-undefined option is not set for linker when building a shared library. Since if this option is not set, linker will not *truly* resolve the dependent imported external symbols (to check whether they are *truly* exported by other modules in LIBRARY_PATH). It will raise high risk when run an application with the shared library built in this manner, since in the runtime, the dependent extermal symbols may fail to load. Is my understanding correct?

I am wondering why in most cases, this option is not set for shared library build for most people? Seems no setting this option has some advantages?

regards,
George