Re: objcopy in binutils doesn't work on Mac OS X

Hi Axel,

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../bfd/bfd.h', needed by `size.o'.
Hmm, how did you configure and build the sources ?

Oi, sorry, my bad. I accidently did a configure in src/binutils rather than in src/. But even then, I can't compile binutils. configure refuses to build binutils: sinope:~/source/binutils-cvs as49$ ./configure --enable-targets=all *** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories: bfd binutils ld gas opcodes gprof

This is not just a coincidence. It is a known problem that the GNU binutils do not currently work properly for darwin based targets.

The very same configure statement works well in binutils-2.17.

Hmm, but I bet that if you left off the "--enable-targets=all" then it would not work ?

Can I force it to build binutlils anyway?

You could edit the top level configure file to allow it, but really the point of the refusal to build is that it is known that the binutils do not (currently) work for darwin.

Cheers
  Nick