Re: request: put HEAD version of html manuals on web

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 06:35:57AM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
> At the moment, if you want to refer someone to part of the manual, the
> only choice for URL is e.g.
> <http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.17/as/index.html>.  But in the
> future, when 2.17 is not the current version, this URL will fail.  Or
> worse, it will continue to work and point to an obsolete version of the
> manual.

It will continue to work and continue to point to the same copy of the
manual.  Personally, I consider that a feature.  Otherwise links into
anywhere inside the manual are likely to go bad.

HEAD manuals would be useful, yes.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery