Re: RFC: designated initializer vs. long long for i386 assembler

"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> The generated file, i386-inst.h, should be checked into CVS. People
> who change include/opcode/i386.h is responsible to regenerate
> i386-inst.h with the tool compiled with a C99 compiler. They are
> the only people who need a C99 compiler.

That sounds too complicated to me.  If you're going to go that far,
just invent a syntax which lets you specify what you want, and write a
little tool which parses that syntax.  Then you don't need to worry
about keeping the generated file up to date.

Or, simpler, just wrap every entry in i386.h in a macro
  OP(name, bytes, val, ...)
and expand to
  name, bytes, val, ..., (flags >> 32), (flags & 0xffff), ...

Of course it would be super nice to move the opcode table from
include/opcode/i386.h into opcodes/i386-opc.c.

Ian