Help regarding BFD retargeting.

Hi,
   I am trying to retarget the bfd library of the GNU binutils for a
new target which uses elf64 object file format and ia64 architecture.
  So, can you please tell which all files need
modifications(addition) and what all files can be added to make it run
for the new target.
 An obvious file for this is "targets.c" where we need to add target
specific details.

Thanks & regards. Aashish.