RE: configure: error: can not find sources

On 01 April 2007 15:02, Srivatsan Raghavan wrote:

>   Hi,    I recently downloaded binutils-2.15.tar.gz from
> sources.redhat.com/binutils web site. I want to build binutils for arm on a
> cygwin platform running on Windows-XP.   I went through the initial steps
> as follows  mkdir -p /tmp/build/binutils cd /tmp/build/binutils
> /src/binutils-2.15/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/tools -v 2>&1  The
> configure command gives me the following error message  configure: error:
> can not find sources in  or ..  Can anyone please let me know as to what I
> am missing here?  Thnx Srivatsan

  Strange, I can't reproduce this, I used the exact same configure command and
paths and it all worked fine.  Is it possible something went wrong when you
unpacked the source tarball?  One common problem is using winzip or a similar
windows gui unpacking program that doesn't handle things like cygwin symlinks
correctly; make sure to use the cygwin tar command (e.g. "tar xvjf
binutils-2.15.tar.bz2").

  BTW binutils is up to version 2.17 now, unless you specially need the old
version you might want to use the most recent.

    cheers,
      DaveK