Re: Final(?) patch to update libtool in GCC and src trees

Does AS_IF put required macros outside its expansion?  That's a
cool feature if it does.

Only with Autoconf 2.60 and newer.

I see; so it's ruled out for now.

However, if this is the case, it is also a problem.
AM_PROG_LIBTOOL used to expand its subparts via
AC_REQUIRE, which would sort of undo the effect of
the if statement.

Yes, I don't think it'll help here. But also I don't see why CXX should come into play here at all, if not by an old 1.5.x libtool.m4 file that is picked up by aclocal (without having tested anything, though).

Dave, can you check the content of newlib/aclocal.m4?

Paolo