RE: Question about windres extension and a message compiler for windres.

On 21 May 2007 11:15, Kai Tietz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is the update of the windres patch correcting the resource id writing
> in resres.c writing 0xfff instead of correct 0xffff. Also I replaced
> internal messages shown by fatal in windres by assert / abort function. I
> tried my best to wrap lines and put a space after the '!'. Additionally I
> rebuild the new test-case rsd files.

  Thanks, Kai, I'll get time to look at it late tonight.  A couple of grammar
points for your changelog entries: (I do not mean to offend, I appreciate
English is not your first language!)

>         * binutils/Makefile.am: Added new header windint.h and
>         exchanged rclex.l by rclex.c.

  "and replaced rxlex.l with rclex.c"

>         * binutils/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>         * binutils/rcparse.y: Renamed some structures.

  Should probably list which structures.

>         Use in internal representation always bfd_vma instead of
>         long or int.

  "Always use bfd_vma in internal representation instead of long or int"

>         Removed from %union unused stringtable.

  "Removed unused stringtable from %union"

>         Added to %union suni structure for unicode strings.

  "Added suni structure to %union for unicode strings"

>         * binutils/resbin.c: Rewrote using bfd and binary structures, and
>         support new resource types.

  "support" is present tense, so use "Rewrite" to match, instead of "rewrote"
(past tense).

>         * binutils/resrc.c: Likewise. Dumps as RC are now recompilable.

  "RC format dumps are now recompilable" or "Dumps in RC format are now
recompilable".

>         * binutils/windres.c: As above. Using bfd for res and provide
>         target specific endianess support.

  "Use bfd for res..."

>         * binutils/windres.h: Use windint.h as include. Additionally removed
>         K&R syntax.

  "Include windint.h.  Additionally, remove K&R syntax."

    cheers,
      DaveK