Re: Howto add HP-UX SOM object file support

>  And "nm --help" shows:
> nm: supported targets: elf64-hppa elf64-hppa-linux elf64-little
> elf64-big elf32-little elf32-big srec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex
> hpux-core

This nm was built for HPPA 64 bit objects, that is why it doesn't
understand 32 bit objects.  If you did an nm on /usr/lib/pa20_64/libm.sl
instead of /usr/lib/libm.sl it would understand the object.  You should
only get a 64 bit PA nm if you built with a target of
"hppa64-hp-hpux11.11".  If you are not specifying a target (or build or
host) on the configure line then I suppose you might be getting that
default because you are using a 64 bit compiler to build nm and
binutils, maybe that would make it default to building a 64 bit nm.  If
that is the case try using a 32 bit compiler to build with and see if
that makes a difference.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com