Re: Symbol versioning question with ld

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote on 06/13/2007 03:55:15 PM:

# No; the library sets the policy.

Might such an override be possible to add, or do I not understand
this well enough and thus think it might be?  That would certainly
ease the pain of producing a distribution-agnostic binary.  Right
now it looks like the "easiest" way is either to figure out how
the LSB environment works - so far no luck - or to basically
maintain my own build enviroment with all required libraries,
starting with glibc 2.2.x...

Am I completely off-base?  I do not relish the concept of building
my own libX11!