Re: [H8] Wrong offset generated for .text section

Hi Sushil,

I have created two C applications for H8 target.

Right, first of all, which versions of the C compiler and binutils are you using ?

Secondly, please could you open a bug report so that we can track this problem ?

Thirdly, please could you provide a small test case that reproduces the problem. (And attach it to the bug report).

 [Nr] Name              Type        Addr     Off    Size   ES Flg Lk Inf
 [ 1] .text             PROGBITS    00000400 000054 00019e 00  AX  0   0

Program Headers:
  Type           Offset   VirtAddr   PhysAddr   FileSiz MemSiz  Flg Aln
  LOAD           0x000000 0x000003ac 0x000003ac 0x001f2 0x001f2 R E 0x1

Ok, this does look strange. Are you using a custom linker script ?

Still it's not working. What can be the reason?

I do not think that the ELF_MAXPAGESIZE value is the cause of this problem. I suspect that it is something else and that changing ELF_MAXPAGESIZE simply masks the bug.

Cheers
  Nick