Re: ppc64 __attribute__((visibility ("hidden"))) and multiple TOCs

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>> I think the DECL_EXTERNAL case should go before the visibility checks in
>> default_binds_local_p_1.  A DECL_EXTERNAL entity never binds locally.
>
> That isn't the meaning that most callers of this function want,
> however.  They want same shared object, which is what it currently
> returns; that's what I think of when you ask me if something binds
> "locally", too...

I dunno about "most", but at least some want to know "can this
definition be replaced by another one".  For example, DECL_REPLACEABLE_P
and cgraph_variable_initializer_availability (which quite probably
should be using DECL_REPLACEABLE_P).

So, perhaps binds_local_p needs to return a tri-state value.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery