Compiler emitting .debug_line versus binutils

Hi all,

I have a binutils 2.17 port and a gcc 2.95.3 port for an embedded DSP
type chip. The compiler spits out a .debug_line section in the assembler
code like this:

        .section        .debug_line
        .4byte  0xab
        .2byte  0x2
        .4byte  0x1b
        .byte   0x4
        .byte   0x1
        .byte   -10
        .byte   245
        .byte   10

This seems to be done by dwarf2out_finish() in dwarf2out.c inside gcc.

I assemble the result with gas, which then outputs another .debug_line
section in dwarf2_finish() in dwarf2dbg.c.

This results in a rather strabge looking .debug_line section in the
final executable. Can anyone tell me how this should be resolved? There
doesn't seem to be any obvious way to tell gas not to emit the
.debug_line section.

Thanks,
-
This message is subject to Imagination Technologies' e-mail terms: http://www.imgtec.com/e-mail.htm