Re: x86_64: memory issues with gnujava in latest binutils

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 06:54:07PM +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Fri, 6 Jul 2007 06:04:50 -0700
> schrieb "H.J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>:
>
> > Which process eats up all memory?
> >

> the soffice.bin one when running OOo.
>
> > I never heard of it. If you believe it is a binutils bug, please open
> > a bug report at
> >
> > http://www.sourceware.org/bugzilla/
> >
> > and show us how to reproduce it on our systesm. I have Fedora Core 6
> > and Fedora 7.
> >

> > H.J.
>
> we have built new binutils without further changes.
>
> http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/base/binutils/PKGBUILD?rev=1.36&cvsroot=Current&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> then gcc rebuild with gcc-hash-style-both.patch from Fedora to enable
> gnu.hashing
>
> http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/base/gcc/PKGBUILD?rev=1.70&cvsroot=Current&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> then glibc rebuild without further changes.

You have changed so many things. I suggest you create 2 systems: good
and bad. Then replace shared libraries/executables on good with those
on bad one by one until you can identify the single shared library
or executable which causes your problem.

> As soon as I install the new glibc pkg alone or together with the other
> new packages calling the OpenOffice Java-Wizards in Writer like "letter
> wizard" it runs ot of memory.

BTW, please open a bug report with detailed info.

H.J.