Question on where input_sections are populated

Hi All
I am making some changes in gcc4.2 for making it run on interix. I want to understand where in the code, are all input sections getting populated.
I am encountering an error where in the function size_input_sections, the input_section is showing a wrong value of section->size and section->rawsize parameters for .text sections. I want to trace that down but I am not able to find the place in bfd or ld where this gets populated.
Basically several .text sections get merged into the final output, but in input sections list, I see a kind of junk entry for .text with large size/rawsize parameters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mayank