RE: supposed missing iconv with cygwin 1.7.0

On 27 September 2007 17:01, Bobby McNulty wrote:

  Hi Bobby!

> When building binutils with cygwin 1.7.0 cvs and snapshot, make reports that
> iconv is missing. I think it also happens with gcc.
> This was captured from cygwin's bash.
> Is this a known issue? The only solution I could come up with is installing
> a new libiconv, but the current libibiconv is from 2006.
> This has made me hesitant about trying the new dll.
> It compiles fine under cygwin 1.5.24-2, the current dll.

  Hmm, that's odd, for two reasons:

1) it doesn't even check for iconv with the older one, let alone check and not
find it.

2) it doesn't end with your standard 'configure failed' error message, but
with a SIGINT as if you'd hit Ctrl-C.

  Since 1.7.0 is in a state of flux, it's quite possible you've run into some
kind of signal-handling bug with the second part there, so it could be a red
herring.  I reckon your best bet would be to see if adding "--disable-nls" to
the configure command-line helps any.

    cheers,
      DaveK