Re: Confusion about value stored in linker script

On Nov 1, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Dave Korn wrote:

That's wrong. They don't *contain* the address; they *are* the address,
i.e. they are not variables, the compiler has not allocated some space in
memory and stored the value there. They are symbols; effectively, the address
of some variable or object in memory from the compiler's and assembler's
points of view.

Well, after looking at it some more (and the docs suggested by Mike F.), I fully understand why that's the way it works. I'd been using it incorrectly for some time now in another place, and it appeared to work, so now I gotta figure out why.

Thanks!

--
Rick