relocs_compatible hook considered harmful

Alan's patch for PR 2434 introduced a guard on the call to
check_relocs.  Any time this returns false, check_relocs will not be
called.  But relocate_section gets called anyway.

I think this is basically the same problem that HJ fixed for PR 4424,
linking Linux and FreeBSD objects.  I'll fix it for my current project
using relocs_compatible too.  But I suspect it leads to segfaults
in every backend defining multiple emulations.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery