Re: gold not finding symbols in ld-linux.so.2

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 09:00:30AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Then we are all still missing something.  gold does not complain about
> undefined symbol references in shared libraries.  Why is it
> complaining here?

Well, the old linker behaviour seems to be that allow-shlib-undefined is false,
unless linking a shared library, in which case it is true (and anything on
the command line or in linker scripts that uses GROUP also has it false for
the time being because groupos are meant to be self-contained).

Gold on the other hand doesn't distinguish between a shared library linking
and a non-shared library linking, in simply uses allow-shlib-undefined false
by default.  At least in my case, that seems to be causing the unexpected
complaint during the linking about unresolved symbols.  So, specifying
--allow-shlib-undefined on the command line with gold solves the problem,
but it definitely is a difference with the old linker behaviour.

	Kris