Re: Next release

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:09:31AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> It's that time again - about a year since the last release of
> binutils.
>
> Are there any issues that you'd like addressed before any official
> release of the current HEAD?  If so, please let me know.  Otherwise I
> plan to make the branch in the next two weeks, and release
> approximately a month later.

It is very clear, for anyone who'd been wondering, that I don't have
time to do this any more.

Is there anyone else interested in making binutils releases?  It's not
that big a time commitment and I started doing it before I knew much
about binutils; you just have to be able to make a certain amount of
time and know who to ask for help.  If anyone wants the job, I'll hand
over my notes with glee.

Otherwise, I will try to get a 2.19 release out - but the omens are
looking poor for a branch before October.

And, Tristan, I really haven't forgotten about your question!

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery