Re: [patch] readelf cuts the section names even with -W

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:

Hi Matthias,

candidate for the branch?

I would say "no", but it is up to Tristan. Long section names can still be displayed with "-t --section-details" so functionality is not lost by not applying the patch. It just makes getting long section names a bit easier and the action of the --wide option a bit more consistent.

Besides I would like to see the 2.19 release out soon, so the fewer additions to the branch the better.

Either I would :-) This functionality is not critical. Could be added in a later 2.19.x release (if
this happens).

Tristan.