some questions about arch/arm/boot/compress/head.s

Dear all:
I try to trace kernel source, head.s, and there are some questions I
need your help.
Below I excerpt some part of it.

start:
		.type	start,#function
		.rept	8
		mov	r0, r0
		.endr

		b	1f
		.word 0x016f2818		@ Magic numbers to help the loader
		.word	 start			@ absolute load/run zImage address
		.word	 _edata			@ zImage end address
1:		mov	r7, r1			@ save architecture ID
		mov	r8, r2			@ save atags pointer
.text
		adr	r0, LC0

My questions are:
1. what does "b     1f" and "b    1b" means?
   I have grep the head.s and there is no label named, 1f or 1b.
   And in GAS manual there seems no explanation about "b", since b is
arm's instructions, branch.
   I also check arm-reference manual, chapter a5, and there is no
mention about this kind of addressing mode, either.

2. what is adr used for?
It seems not arm instructions and I search the file for any macro
definition but the result is fail.

3. where I can find the parameter start, _edata defined?
Does  the start in ".word start @ absolute load/run zImage address"
mean this start label?

appreciate your help in advance,
miloody