Re: How to limit the size of the gap between sections using objcopy?

> I think that you need to explain in more detail what it is that you are
> trying to do and how you are trying to achieve it.
>
> Cheers
>  Nick

I need to create raw binary files from ELFs in my project. If the
linker script of some ELF is like

SECTIONS {
  .syslibc 0x80001000: { ... }
  .text 0xa0004000: { ... }
}

There will be a big gap between the section .syslibc and .text. And I
run objcopy, objcopy will try to fill the gap, which is not really
what I want. I want in the case objcopy will stop and report an error
so that I can check and fix the linker scripts.

Best Regards
PRC
Nov 26, 2008