Re: Please guide me about gcov and gprof for basic-block information

Hi Fahimeh,

I am writing to ask you about gcov and gprof.

2) I examined "gprof -i test gmon.out bb.out" and the results were :

File `gmon.out' (version 1) contains:
	1 histogram record
	5 call-graph records
	0 basic-block count records
bb.out: No such file or directory

also about bb.out.conv!

The "bb.out" file used to be produced by old versions of the C profiling library. It is not used with modern versions of gprof and the glibc C library.

Please guide me how I can have basic-block count records for a program?

Invoke gcc with "-g -pg" on the command line. If you have an old version of gcc you may also need to add "-a" to the command line.

Cheers
  Nick