Re: Committed: fix undefweak hidden references for CRIS

Hi Guys,

The bug caught a bfd_assert, which *REALLY* isn't helpful, as
this is just a call to _bfd_error_handler and then linking
continues with *no* exit error.  I've changed bfd_assert locally
to do like bfd_abort and also call _exit (EXIT_FAILURE), and I'd
like to poll interest in doing that or the equivalent for the
FSF code too.  If nothing else, a helpful code comment why it
isn't done.  I guess letting it continue is helpful for some
situations and bfd users, but not the common case of the linker.
Perhaps do it optionally, default on for the linker?

I can't find the message now, but I've suggested this too. I think having the linker abort would be a big improvement.

No objection here. Is there a patch in the offering.

Cheers
  Nick