Contributing the Unifile utility for merging Mot or Hex files.

Hi,

We have released a utility, named as Unifile, that merges two or more
Motorola format files (commonly known as Mot file or S-Record file)
or Intel format files (commonly known as Hex file) to generate a
single Motorola format file (S-Record / Mot file) or Intel format file.

This utility is useful for the users using multicore CPU wherein
application programming for individual CPU core is independent of
other CPU cores. We have successfully tested this utility for dual
core CPU.

We would like to contribute this utility (along with sources) as a
part of the GNU binary utilities. We propose the following two
options for contributing the Unifile utility to FSF:

1. Add this utility to GNU binary utilities as a standalone utility.
User will need to invoke it separately and merge the input
(Mot or Hex) files.

2. Develop patch to integrate this utility with GNU linker.
An option can be added to the linker to merge the input (Mot or Hex)
files.

We would like to know which of the two is a better option and will be
well received by the users of the GNU binary utilities.

Thanks in advance for your feedback/suggestions.

Regards,
Prafulla Thakare
KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd,
Pune (INDIA)