Re: [RFA:] In bfd_assert at the end, call _exit (EXIT_FAILURE)

> Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:56:08 -0400
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>

> My only concern about this is BFD's policy of behaving like a library
> - which involves not quitting behind the program's back.

Oh right, *that*.

>  Should we
> put this in gas and ld, instead?

Some kind of bfd field to be optionally set after bfd_open,
perhaps?

> I know GDB has triggered BFD errors in the past, and it'd be
> disconcerting for them to make it quit.

Tripping over additional bugs certainly tend to cause additional
stress while debugging. :]

> My position on this is pretty weak.  I'd even be OK with the other
> extreme: drop core here.  There's already a few calls to abort.

...which FWIW is #defined to call _bfd_abort a few lines down.

brgds, H-P