Re: Porting binutils to other OS

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Alfeiks Kaanoken (MadTirra) wrote:
> I want to port binutils to new OS (Jari), in this case I have several
> questions.
> First - is it anything linux or bsd specific stuff in binutils code base (Jari
> OS has POSIX, but doesn't contain any GNU extensions yet) ?
> I mean, what I need to inject to the source code of binutils to run it in new
> OS.

Linux-specific binutils stuff?  Most of it is ELF and
architecture-specific...  You'd better read for yourself, like
the least difference between *-unknown-linux-gnu and
*-unknown-freebsd for some *.  Though, one (or two) example(s)
that come to mind are the elf_backend_grok_prstatus and
elf_backend_grok_psinfo hooks, for understanding core-dumps.

brgds, H-P