Re: SVN for src, status?

The complete history of the src repository converted to git is 618MB
(without a local checkout).

Actually it is more like 210MB, if you use a bigger window when packing
it. The default pack window of 10 much too small, you get much better
results with something like 30.

Thanks for the hint! I totally forgot. I did this with the GCC repo before, it ends up slightly under 800MB (all branches, all tags). Different tunings give different results, it probably can be made smaller still.

For the moment, I would be happy with _any_ conversion of src to
git though (or to SVN or <whatever> -- bridging anything that is
not CVS to git is easy, bridging CVS is not).  Converting src CVS
to git properly takes a few hours; keeping it synched is a lot
harder though.  So my vote is to move to either SVN or git ASAP;
I don't care which one.

Segher