Re: [RFC] ld sysroot prefix handling

2009/5/30 Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>:
> it does, thanks. ?so now the trick is to detect linker scripts that are in the
> sysroot but specified with their full path and set entry->sysrooted to 1.
> looking again (not testing) at your original patch makes me think that your
> patch should fix the /usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libusb.so
> case without breaking the /root/binutils-test/lib/libfoo.so case right ? ?if
> that's the case, i would add a comment above the line so that the intentions
> are kept clear and pester people for commit approval :).

I'm not quite sure I understand the expected behaviour. For now the
behaviour is the following:
- when specifying an absolute path to a _real_ lib, the sysroot prefix
is prepended.
- when specifying a relative path to a _real_ lib, the sysroot prefix
is _NOT_ prepended.
- when specifying an absolute path to a linker script, containing a
link with an absolute path, the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended.
- when specifying an absolute path to a linker script, containing a
link with a relative path, the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended.
- when specifying an relative path to a linker script, containing a
link with an absolute path, the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended.
- when specifying an relative path to a linker script, containing a
link with an relative path, the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended.

with my patch, the behaviour is as follows:
- when specifying an absolute path to a _real_ lib, the sysroot prefix
is prepended.
- when specifying a relative path to a _real_ lib, the sysroot prefix
is _NOT_ prepended.
- when specifying an absolute path to a linker script, containing a
link with an absolute path, the sysroot prefix is prepended.
- when specifying an absolute path to a linker script, containing a
link with a relative path, the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended.
- when specifying an relative path to a linker script, containing a
link with an absolute path, the sysroot prefix is prepended.
- when specifying an relative path to a linker script, containing a
link with an relative path, the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended.

Is this the behaviour you would expect?

Sven