Re: [RFC]: .eh_frame section in mingw32 executables

Alan Modra wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 05:55:20PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> Tristan Gingold wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there something wrong with the following patch ?  We'd like to have
>>> an .eh_frame section
>>> in win32/win64 executables so that gdb could print backtraces even for
>>> files not compiled with -g.
>>   Can you explain what it does, how it does it and why in a bit more detail
>> please?  You're changing the behaviour of relocatable links to keep the
>> .eh_data in its own section instead of merging it into .rdata, yes?
>
> No, final linking.  $RELOCATING is set for a final link, not ld -r.

  Gah.  Had it completely back to front.  Was thinking "If it doesn't get
merged into .rdata during a -r link, then it'll end up getting an orphan
section of its own at final link".  I blame the pig flu I'm currently
suffering from.  Anyway, the patch is still good even if I'm not ... :-)

    cheers,
      DaveK