Re: Apropos recent debuginfo-related cygwin failures: "Dwarf Error: Could not find,> abbrev number 1"

Kai Tietz wrote:

> I agree. This behaviour is new and seems to be a regression. I tested
> the testcases with old gcc (4.4.1) and didn't got those message. When
> I use gcc 4.5 I see them for cygwin and mingw targets. Dave I tried
> also your proposed patch for binutils, but this doesn't seems to help
> here. It is true, that we can honor in coffcode.h the case that
> NO_LOAD is wished (I sent a patch for this already), but it doesn't
> solves this described failure for my tests.

  Is it possible that the coffcode.h change is not needed and it was adding
the debug_pubtypes section to the link script that is the only fix we actually
need?  I'm testing now with the updated script templates but coffcode.h
reverted.  It fixes the ld-undefined FAILs on Cygwin; it also fixed my "a.exe:
Permission denied" error that I just got from trying to bootstrap GCC head
using old and known good binutils; I'm now going to try a full bootstrap using
my reverted binutils and see if it works.

    cheers,
      DaveK