Re: ld selective link test failure

Will Newton wrote:

> CC in this case is gcc, but the arch-linux-uclibc-cc symlink to gcc,
> so this check does not trigger and the C++ tests fail. Is there a
> better way to test for gcc?

  Does this testcase stand the slightest chance of succeeding on a non-GCC
compiler?  Given the proliferation of gcc-specific command-line options in the
test, and gcc-specific asms and attributes in the testcase code, I'd think the
test of the name is superfluous and could just be dropped.

    cheers,
      DaveK