Re: binutils 2.20 regressions (20091002)

Tristan Gingold wrote:

> Should we include Jakub's patch on .cfi_* directives ?

  That's obviously highly desirable, since there won't be another official
binutils release before gcc-4.5.0 comes out, but of course it's risky.  It
looks safe-ish because a lot of it is semi-mechanically wrapping conditionals
around the existing code, but of course just one typo'd/wrong/missing
condition amongst them could end up generating bad debug info.

  I guess an important factor in the answer would be how willing and available
you (Tristan) are in the event that it caused significant problems and the
release had to be withdrawn and a new release rolled in a hurry?

    cheers,
      DaveK