Re: SPARC gold / ld support

Jorge PÃrez <jernestop@gmail.com> writes:

> Hoping no to bother I wanted to still explore an option of the linker,
> the "--print-map" which outputs valuable linking information. My
> question therefore is, is there a way the linker accepts such map as
> input?

Not that map, no, but it does accept a linker script which lets you
lay out the sections as you please.

> What I was thinking about is: 1) manage to strip the SETHIs using some
> home-made script, 2) modify "the" linking map if such thing is
> possible, and 3) feed it to the linker. In such way I was expecting to
> have a still working executable with several sethi instructions
> removed.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by modifying the linker
map.  If you want to keep the sections at the same address, then
obviously your executable will not get any smaller.  If you change the
addresses, then you don't really need a linker map.

Ian