Re: TLS transition error

From: "King, Steven R" <steven.r.king@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:21:14 -0800

> Thank you for the help.  elf_i386_tls_transition() eventually calls
> elf_i386_check_tls_transition(), which eventually returns false
> (failure) in the case statement below.  Where do I look to
> understand the meaning of 0xa1, 0x8b and x3 comparison values?

Read the comments above where these values are checked.  Can't you see
that these checks are looking for specific x86 instruction sequences?

I can't read the code for you :-)

> At runtime, my val = 0x3D and type = 0x2B.  What do these values imply?

I'm able to get you started, as I did, with basic start points.

But using those start points you need to do some reading of the code
and discovery on your own.  It's not efficient for you to keep coming
back here as a crutch every time you hit something you don't
immediately understand.

Thanks.