Re: Patch to do reorder text and data sections according to a user specified sequence.

Taras Glek <tglek@mozilla.com> writes:

>  Seems like matching symbols enmass should be a relatively common
> problem. Perhaps Ian can suggest the best way to do such an operation
> efficiently?

Perhaps someone can, but I can't.  Linker scripts face a similar
issue.  There I separate the patterns which contain wildcards from the
ones which do not, and create a hash table for the patterns which
don't have wildcards.  For the others I just call fnmatch one at a
time.

It would be possible to convert a set of glob expressions into a
single regular expression.  However, I can't see any reason why
matching that regular expression would be any faster than calling
fnmatch several times.

Ian