Re: Debug frame question

Hi Nikola,

Where is binutils deciding to generate and include debug frames into
object file?

In most cases it is the actually the compiler that is creating the call frame information, not any of the binutils. But it is the assembler that is putting together the information provided by the compiler and building .eh_frame and .debug_frame sections from it.

I saw several places in code for displaying debug frames,
but I haven't seen the "point of decision" where the debug frame will
be generated during generation of object file.

Have a look at the source file gas/dw2gencfi.c. This code is triggered by various different pseudo-ops found in the cfi_pseudo_table, or possibly, by target specific code in the assembler backend. The "point of decision", if you like, is the cfi_finish() function.

Cheers
  Nick