Re: [binutils-owner] Removing vax-vms in bfd

On 11/03/2010 12:34 PM, mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:
If your proposal is just to remove (or comment-out)
the detection of vms_vax_vec, I have no strong objection.
It would be easy to revert when VMS/VAX tester comes.
But if any *.c&  *.h would be modified, I wish if some
grace period is given. I will try to contact some VAX
users for their comments...

I was discussing this with Tristan off-list. I'm happy to put my hand up to be the OpenVMS VAX maintainer. From what Tristan has said he would like to completely separate VAX and Alpha.

Tim.